The Plateau State Independent Electoral Commission (PLASIEC) under the leadership of Hon. Fabian A. Ntung today 27th September, 2017 released the timetable for the much awaited 2018 Local Government Elections in Plateau State.
In a statement signed by Hon. Ntung, the following are some important dates of activities as contained in the timetable.
- Campaigns are to commenced from Friday 29th September, 2017.
- Conduct of party primaries by political parties are to hold from 13th-27th October, 2017.
- Verification/screening of Chairmanship Candidates will hold from 13th-15th November, 2017.
- Verification/screening of Councillorship Candidates will hold from 16th-20th November, 2017.
- End of electioneering campaign is Friday 16th February, 2018 by 12:00 Midnight.
- Election Day is Saturday 17th February, 2018 from 8:00am-3pm.
- Runoff/Re-run (if any) will hold on Saturday 24th February, 2018.
Best wishes to all aspirants/candidates, their supporters and political parties.
May the electoral processes be peaceful, credible, free, fair and generally acceptable.