DirectEntry

JAMB Debunks Closure Rumors, Keeps 2025 Direct Entry Registration Open


Abuja, Nigeria — The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has dismissed widespread rumours that the 2025 Direct Entry (DE) registration will close on Monday, April 7.

In a statement issued Saturday by Dr. Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Public Communication Advisor, the Board, clarified that the registration exercise, which began on March 12, remains ongoing until an official closing date is announced.

“There is no truth to the claim that registration ends on April 7,” Benjamin stated. “Candidates can continue to register at any of the Board’s accredited Professional Registration Centres (PRCs) beyond Monday.”

He emphasized that the extended registration window is deliberate, giving JAMB time to conclude investigations into candidates allegedly using fake A-Level results. According to him, several arrests have already been made, and further scrutiny is ongoing.

“We strongly advise candidates with questionable credentials to refrain from participating in the registration process,” he warned. “JAMB has implemented robust systems to detect fraudulent entries now and in the future.”

The Board also urged candidates who previously submitted fraudulent results to voluntarily withdraw from the process. “Our investigations are expanding to include already admitted students. Anyone implicated will be held accountable,” Benjamin cautioned.

JAMB’s firm stance comes amid growing concerns about academic fraud in Nigeria’s tertiary admission system. The Board says it is committed to preserving the integrity of the admission process and ensuring that only qualified candidates are granted access to higher education.

Gom Marian – Report

JAMB Warns DE Candidates: Upload Results or Lose Admission

JAMB logo



The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has issued a stern warning to 2024 Direct Entry (DE) candidates who registered with awaiting results from the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) and the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB).

Candidates must upload their results immediately upon release or risk disqualification from the admission process.

“All candidates who applied for admission through the 2024 Direct Entry mode using awaiting results from IJMB or JUPEB should urgently visit any approved CBT center to upload their results as soon as they are released,” JAMB’s Public Communication Advisor, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, stated in a press release on Sunday.

The examination body stressed that no candidate would be considered for admission with awaiting results, a policy that aligns with its stance on the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

JAMB said that applications marked as “awaiting result” (AR) without subsequent updates would automatically be disqualified.

“Any application marked as ‘awaiting result’ that does not comply with this directive will be disqualified from admission consideration,” Benjamin warned. “Candidates without uploaded results will be regarded as not having any results.”

The advisory also urged prospective 2025 DE candidates to be proactive in ensuring their results are uploaded promptly upon release to enhance their admission prospects.

Gom Marian-Report